I think we’re getting awful close to a public release. This one looks to be pretty stable. Not too many major changes this time around. You’ll discover a few little niceties, along with some bug fixes and clean-ups to minor issues that have probably been annoying you. As always, please let us know of any trouble you encounter.
If you’re currently running version 126.96.36.199a or higher you can upgrade via Options -> Check for updates. If you’re using anything else, follow these instructions (see this page for details on why you need to follow these steps):
- Back up your scraping sessions (check here for help on that).
- Ensure screen-scraper isn’t currently running (close the workbench and server, if running).
- Download this file, and unzip it.
- Copy the contents of the zip file on top of your existing files in the screen-scraper install folder. For example, the zip file contains a “screen-scraper.jar” file which should be copied on top of your existing “screen-scraper.jar” file.
- Edit your “resource\conf\screen-scraper.properties” file in a text editor. Change the “Version” property to “188.8.131.52a”.
- Launch the screen-scraper workbench.
- If all of your scraping sessions have disappeared, don’t panic!
- Close the screen-scraper workbench.
- Re-open the screen-scraper workbench.
Serve chilled and enjoy!